, is one of the most diverse and dynamic metropolitan areas in the United States, with a population of over
787,033. The city has gained its reputation for its high ranked market access, booming arts, historic neighborhoods, and practically affordable quality of life. Did you know
that Columbus was named among the world's seven most intelligent cities by the Intelligent Communities Forum? Find out more interesting facts about C-Bus.
Image by Pub.,Scott Krauss News Agency via Wikimedia Commons
Important Facts about
- Columbus is the largest and the
capital city of Ohio.
- In the US, it is the 15th largest city.
- Throughout the Columbus Region, about 109
varied languages are spoken
- The city has the highest numbers of college
students in the US. Annually, the city's college
and university campuses enroll over 138,000
- Diverse and exceptionally stable economy,
with no single sector that holds supreme
- The office space available in Columbus is 40
percent cheaper as compared to that of Chicago
and 60% cheaper than New York.
- In the Columbus region, over 450 global
companies provide employment to over 53,000
- The city's largest foreign investors are -
the United Kingdom, Japan, and Canada.
Interesting Facts about
- The buckeyes The Shoe is ranked the
country's forth largest college football
- Center of Science and Industry (COSI)
is the number 1 science center in the United
- The Columbus Zoo and Aquarium is the
nation's largest zoo and the second largest in
- The Ohio State University is the 3rd
largest university in the United States.
- The two professional sports teams in Columbus
are - the Crew and the Columbus Blue
- German Village is one of America's
premier historic districts.
- Columbus is home to Origins - a popular
cultural convention and gaming.
- The city is the 3rd largest metro for fashion
designers in the country.
Check out the best thighs to do when you're in Columbus!